No announcement yet.

can one stamp H4 before an H1 stampped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can one stamp H4 before an H1 stampped?

Hi,
    my husbands H1 and mine H4 got completed the first term of stamping and we got the extension to it recently , I want to travel to India and I need a H4 stamping to re enter to US, but my husband will be in USA.
    is it possible for me to stamp H4 before my husbands H1 stamping? Please suggest.

Hi Padmaja,

Yes..It is possible to get your H4 stamped alone when you go to India.
    Make sure that you carry all the documents required for H4 and documents which verify your husband legal H1 status in US.
    Like you will need - New I-797A , I-129 , LCA , New Extended I-94 from your Husband along with Employer Letter/Employment Proof , PayStubs , Bank statements , W2/Income Tax filing docs .
    And for u - u need Marriage Certificate

Please note that above docs are the main/important docs , for complete llist please see the immihelp documens required for H4.

Thanks and Regards,
    Abhay Gupta

Comment

thank u

Originally posted by abhayg4
      Hi Padmaja,

Yes..It is possible to get your H4 stamped alone when you go to India.
      Make sure that you carry all the documents required for H4 and documents which verify your husband legal H1 status in US.
      Like you will need - New I-797A , I-129 , LCA , New Extended I-94 from your Husband along with Employer Letter/Employment Proof , PayStubs , Bank statements , W2/Income Tax filing docs .
      And for u - u need Marriage Certificate

Please note that above docs are the main/important docs , for complete llist please see the immihelp documens required for H4.

Thanks and Regards,
      Abhay Gupta
      hi Abhay
      thank u so much for ur help.
      i ll make sure to carry all the required documents with me.
      btw u mentioned i wud require LCA,but we did't yet started our GC processing so dont have LCA.
      is it still required.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X