Questions regarding L1 & H1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding L1 & H1...

Hi, I have few queries regarding H1 & L1 visas.
    I am working for Company A with a valid L1 Visa. I am planning to apply for a fresh H1 Visa this year through Company B.

1. If I am in the US with L1 visa for Company A, when the H1 gets approved; will I have to resign Company A immediately & join Company B? Or can I stay with Company A for some more time, till the markets are up & later join Company B with the H1?

2. If the markets are not doing good, when I get my H1 approved & I want to stay with Company A; Can I transfer my H1 processed by Company B (without working for them) to Company A?

Please respond ASAP... Thanks in advance...

L1 and H1 Dilemma

I am working for Company A with a valid L1 Visa. I am planning to apply for a fresh H1 Visa this year through Company B.

1. If I am in the US with L1 visa for Company A, when the H1 gets approved; will I have to resign Company A immediately & join Company B? Or can I stay with Company A for some more time, till the markets are up & later join Company B with the H1?

---- No, You have to join company B immediately after receiving your H1. No exceptions

2. If the markets are not doing good, when I get my H1 approved & I want to stay with Company A; Can I transfer my H1 processed by Company B (without working for them) to Company A?

---- You may transfer but that has to be done ASAP adn your should have a job by company A.

Subramanya

Comment

1. Depends on when he H1b gets approved. If you are in the new H1b quota, the effective date of COS is Oct 1st. You need to be working on H1 after Oct 1st. If the approval is after Oct 1st, you need to begin work immediately upon approval.
      2. You can transfer prior to Oct 1st if it is in the new quota. If not, you will have problems as USCIS expects you to work for B. Look for leapfrog posts.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

The best thing is to apply for H1 without COS so that you can still work for comany A . When you get a job through company B , you can apply for COS from L1 to H1 .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X