Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to get H1b Visa Stamping

Hi All,

I have got approved H1b petition for 2009 but I have not gone for H1B stamping.

1. For how long can I stay back from H1B interview ?

2. What are the consequences I might face if I do not go for H1B interview as soon as possible?

3. Is there any problem my consultant in US may face if I do not appear for H1B interview as soon as possible?

4. Is my employer legally obliged to make me appear for Visa stamping or else he may have to revoke the visa application?

I will highly appreciate any response to my query. As it is hard time in US and it is not so easy to get job in US so there could be many more who are just delaying their visa stamping so your response will help others as well.
    You can also reply to me on [email protected]

Thanks in advance.
    Ajay

I have got approved H1b petition for 2009 but I have not gone for H1B stamping.

1. For how long can I stay back from H1B interview ?

---- As long as you want

2. What are the consequences I might face if I do not go for H1B interview as soon as possible?

---- None

3. Is there any problem my consultant in US may face if I do not appear for H1B interview as soon as possible?

---- None

4. Is my employer legally obliged to make me appear for Visa stamping or else he may have to revoke the visa application?

---- No

I will highly appreciate any response to my query. As it is hard time in US and it is not so easy to get job in US so there could be many more who are just delaying their visa stamping so your response will help others as well.

---- If your consultant/employer has a job for you in the US, then only he has applied for H1. If not he is either shady or keeping you away from joining him as he may not be a genuine employer. All this does not help anybody much less you since either you have paid money to the consultant or they have taken money to get your H1 which is illegal on your part and the employer's part.

---- Such practices are not to be encouraged. If you have a H1 then there is ajob. If there is no job, then the employer is playing with your career

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have further question to it.

I have worked in Pune for 2 years. After that I have come to UK and I have been working here for last 11 months. My H1B petition filled by a consultant has been selected and now I want to get my stamping done. My petition paper prepared by my consultant has my consulate as Mumbai. My native city is Delhi.
      So in this case can I apply at VFS Delhi even if my H1B papers has Mumbai consulate?
      Also, can I apply in UK for H1B stamping ?

Comment

H1 interview

I have worked in Pune for 2 years. After that I have come to UK and I have been working here for last 11 months. My H1B petition filled by a consultant has been selected and now I want to get my stamping done. My petition paper prepared by my consultant has my consulate as Mumbai. My native city is Delhi.

So in this case can I apply at VFS Delhi even if my H1B papers has Mumbai consulate?

---- It will be better for you to go to US Consulate in Mumbai as the petition papers indicate. The simple reason being that some VO's question all these matters and in the dialogue process redirect you to Mumbai

Also, can I apply in UK for H1B stamping ?[/QUOTE]

---- You can, but be aware that the US Consulate in UK needs to verify your academic credentails and if they are not in a position to do that they will redirect you to your home country

Comment

If your native city is Delhi and that is your residence, you should apply in Delhi irrespective of what the H1b approval says as Delhi consulate has jurisdiction over your area.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Could any body plz throw some more light on it as I have got two contradictory replies.

Comment

Unless it is an H1b extension and you already reside in US, you have to go to the home consulate. You could also attend in UK if you satisfy the rules of that consulate but they might redirect you as mentioned earlier. Rest is your choice.
              Last edited by txh1b; 01-06-2009, 02:58 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

It is not visa renewal and I have never been to US in past.
                I am dropping my option of getting it stampped in UK.
                So in that case I should apply to VFS Delhi. Is it correct ?

In your reply home consulate for me means VFS Delhi , right?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X