Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eligible for H1B ?

Hi All,
    My Qualification:BCom Computers(3 years course)and MBA(2 years).Currenlty iam in India working with a s/w company.
    1)Iam planning for H1B(with a s/w company) this year,am i eligible for H1B?
    2)Considering the fact that i have a MBA and i work for a software company(2years) as a programmer,Will that have any problem in getting approval for H1B?
    Please advice as your advice will help me to make decision.
    Thanks.

If your employer can prove that your profile matches their job requirement then there should not be any problem otherwise education wise you are eligible to apply for h1b.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

My only concern before applying for H1B is,As iam doing job as a IT professional inspite of having MBA.I heard that for H1B 16yrs of education is a must.
      I have 17yrs (including 2yrs MBA).But if MBA is not considered i only have 15 yrs of education.
      What would be the most appropriate answer if the visa officer asks that Why iam doing a job in IT inspite of having MBA?
      If the visa officer doesnt consider my MBA(as its not related to my field of work)as iam doing job in IT,will this be of any problem?
      Does this apply to USCIS in approving H1B ?
      Thanks.

Comment

Few of my friends have done MBA and working here in IT.

3 years experience = 1 year of education.

What would be the most appropriate answer if the visa officer asks that Why iam doing a job in IT inspite of having MBA?
        Try to find "read experiences" from home page and go through it, you might get an answer.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X