Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension - Conversion to H1 B

Hi ,

My H4 extension petition has been with USCIS since Nov,2008.
    Can I apply for H1 B this year though
    my H4 extension is pending with USCIS currently ?

H1b can be applied if you have a sponsor. Only difference would be it may have to be a CP if you cannot prove valid status continuously by means of an I-94.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks sir , for your reply.Can you please explain what CP is? If you meant Consular Processing , I do have a EAC number for my extension petition. But I donot have any documents of the EAC, I just have the EAC number. Is this enough?
      Last edited by anjanishriram; 01-07-2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Like I said, USCIS will process your H1b. They may not process the COS to H1b and will process it as a CP case if you do not submit the approval I-94 indicating continuous valid status. They could ask for it in a RFE.

You could try giving an online case status of the extension along with the I-94 while applying.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X