Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does H1B expire if payroll not run?

-
    Last edited by hulkizin; 01-22-2009, 10:15 PM.

There is no 3 month wait period. You fall out of status immediately.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

-

-
      Last edited by jazzgal; 01-22-2009, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Just because your cousin broke the law, it does not become right.

No person is a criminal until they get caught. This forum informs people about the law and not how to break it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

-

-
          Last edited by jazzgal; 01-22-2009, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Hey .... Sir,
            u seemed to not understand law.
            I know of several people who are in problems because they gained out of status tag.
            They are in legal trap now. Better think twice before u talk.

This forum is for genuine discussions and not for an frivilous ideas.

Comment

L1 to H1 and L1 salary after fired

Hi,

I am on L1B from Dec 2007. L1 visa is active till Dec 2009. This year 2008 i have applied for H1B through Some consultancy and i got approval with COS. I went to India in Sept 2008 and I came back to US in Oct 2008 on L1-B and I continued to work on L1-B. In Last week of Dec 2008 I got fired and my L1-B employer is not paying the salary. Right now I am not working and but I am in US.

1. Can I stay in the US without Salary?
              2. What is my current Status?
              3. If my status is L1-B, L1-b employer need to pay the salary till my stay in the USA.
              4. What are all the procedures L1-B employer need to take the actions.

Please help me regarding this.

Thank you,
              Rajesh

Comment

1. No
                2. Out of Status.
                3. Not L1b. Your employer reserves the right to terminate you anytime. Once terminated, they need not pay you the salary. They need to pay your return ticket though.
                4. Not sure what you mean to ask here.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzgal
                  very funny.

if it is the law then it should be listed some where.support ur statement....u just saying doesnt make it a law.
                  You better stay away from this forum as this is not a place for discussing things about breaking the law. Go find the legal docs yourself as you are the one that needs it.

Comment

txh1b is correct. If you are not getting paid all the time while on H1, you are out of status.
                    Immihelp Support
                    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X