Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on H1B Visa Stamping in India or Outside US

Hi,
    I came to US on H1B with employer A, quit my job and joined employer B, and i got my petition approved. The problem here is my visa is expiring on april 2009 and i am planning to come back to india for vacation on january end or feb 1st week and thinking over to go to chennai for getting my new visa stamped. Hearing several talks about economy and unemployment rate in US, i am quiet concerned on my getting new visa stamped. My current employer is not happy sending me to vacation due to the reason of what if something goes wrong.
    Could somebody please answer my queries.
    1. since my petition is approved, is it the right time to go to india and getting my new visa stamped, having know the economy condition and unemployment in US?
    2. Will the visa officer, think that why should i send you to US, where i dont my people in my country unemployed.
    3. just in case if my visa gets rejected for some reason, can i still travel with my old visa which is valid till april 2009 and i would return to US in february 1 or 2nd week.
    4. if i travel with old visa and also being my petition is approved for new employer, will there be a problem during port of entry?
    5. I was thinking of other option like going to Canada and get it stamped with my new visa and then travel to India? Is it a good idea?
    6. Whats the probability of getting visa in Canada than in India?
    7. What if my visa gets rejected in Canada in worse case scenario, can i still come back to US and should i go to india only.

Im pretty confused and tensed with my current situtation? could somebody help me out.

Thanks
    Best Regards,

GJ.

Hi,

I will try to anwer your questions in short (because I had to go for a meeting..but maybe others will help u in detail
    (1) If ur company is geniune ...your job is going ok i.e. u r getting paid/paystubs regularly and other docs which are required for Visa Stamping are availabe- then there will be no impact of economy condition on ur Visa Stamping.

(2) If the Visa Officers will think that way....then they will close their Consulate and no H1 Visa will be issued to anyone.

(3) Nowdays - if u go for Visa Stamping - they generally CANCEL the Old Visa .Because if they are rejecting the Visa - they make sure that person is not allowed to go to US in any case.

(4) Anweered in 3. Possibility is that US Consulate will cancel ur Old Visa

(5) I am not sure abt this option of going to Canada i.e how good it is?But sometimes they may re-direct u back to India because of the circumstances.

(6) Can not tell

(7) No Idea. If they cancel ur Old Visa in Canada before the new Visa . Then u r stuck/in problem if the new visa is rejected.

As per my opinion - Visa gets rejected only if Visa Officer thinks that something is wrong with Company , Job profile , Documents provided are insufficient etc.

Thanks and Regards,
    Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X