Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the right time to visit usa with h1b visa

Hi,
    I have got h1b stamped in my passport on 18th nov 2008 but seeing the economical condition, I am reluctant to go to usa. I am a software professional with 8 years experience. My consultant says that there won't be any problem, they will engage me on a proper project. They say that I can get the project only when I come to USA because clients want to talk to the candidate directly. And even if they do not find a project quickly, still I will be paid as I am the employee of the consultant.

Can anybody please advice that whether this is a good time to come to USA? And waht difficulties I may face in this type of situation?

Thanks,

Niloy

See the reputation of the consultant. I personally know a few professionals who have got ditched even when the marked was good. You can give telephonic interviews sitting in India too.
    I would not suggest you to leave your current job (which I assume you have) and come to US in this market condition.

Comment

What is I take leave and go?

What if I take a one month leave from my current employer, go to US, see the scenario, if everything works fine then stay there else return to India.

Comment

Originally posted by niloy1973
        What if I take a one month leave from my current employer, go to US, see the scenario, if everything works fine then stay there else return to India.
        It could be expensive.
        When you visit the US on H1, you'll have to prove that you have a job in the US at the POE.
        They can deny entry if they are not statified with your answers. So better be prepared.
        Even if you get an entry, you'll be on H1 right from day 1.
        If you remain here for a month or so and you have no work and your consultant did not even pay you, you'll fal out of status. This issue can create problems in the future, should you wish to come to the US.

The situation is really bad in the US now. Think twice before you act !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X