Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Transfer to a new job - Visa stamp

Hi,
    I need some urgent advice from the experts. I am currently holding a H-1B visa and working for Company A. I got an offer from Company B and my last day at company A would be Jan 25th, and my first day at Company B would be Jan 26th. BUt I am going to India for a month on Jan 31st. (Company B employer agreed for a non-pay vacation).
    I have to get my visa stamped in India for the new H-1B (SInce my visa stamp expired in September). Is it sufficient if I just have the offer letter from Company B? SInce I will barely have any pay stubs, will it be alright to get a visa? Or will there be any problems?

Thanks,
    Radhika.

H1 confused

I need some urgent advice from the experts. I am currently holding a H-1B visa and working for Company A. I got an offer from Company B and my last day at company A would be Jan 25th, and my first day at Company B would be Jan 26th. BUt I am going to India for a month on Jan 31st. (Company B employer agreed for a non-pay vacation).
    I have to get my visa stamped in India for the new H-1B (SInce my visa stamp expired in September). Is it sufficient if I just have the offer letter from Company B? SInce I will barely have any pay stubs, will it be alright to get a visa? Or will there be any problems?

---- As per your post your H1 visa has expired in September (meaning Spt. 2008). We presume that your H1 from Company A is extended and valid after Sept. 08 with a valid I-94. If not then what is the exact story

---- On the other hand if your H1 visa has expire in September and you are joining company B based on a transfer receipt, you have to get a visa stamped on your passport to return to US

---- Your visa cannot be stamped based on the offer letter (that is just a piece of paper from the employer and not an authorized document). The authorized document is only a I-797 (approved H1 petition from the USICIS)

---- Be clear in your post and explain the facts for a proper response

Subramanya

Comment

My h-1B from current company was extended and I have a valid I-94 .

I will get an approved H-1B petition (for the new company) sometime next week.
      My main question is this:
      In my visa appointment, I won't have any pay stubs for the new company since I just started there. Will that be safe? I will have my I-797 with me.

Thanks/.

Comment

My h-1B from current company was extended and I have a valid I-94 .

I will get an approved H-1B petition (for the new company) sometime next week.
        My main question is this:
        In my visa appointment, I won't have any pay stubs for the new company since I just started there. Will that be safe? I will have my I-797 with me.

---- If you are going for visa appointment soon after joining and also receiving the H1 petition, take a letter from the employer about the date of joining. This will indicate that you have just joined and started working. Also, carry the last paystubs from your previous employer as that would indicate till what date you were paid and esnures that ther is no gap in your payment schedule by either of the companies and that you were no out of status

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X