Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer and I-94

Hi

My H1 petition got approved from Comp "A" with COS by Oct 2008 and received a new I-94 which expires Oct' 2011. After a month, I filed H1B transfer to Comp "B". It got approved but there is no I-94 attached.

Does it mean that I cannot work for employer "B" unless I have a stamp.

Previous I-94 was issued in the name of Comp "A" and I am still working for Comp "A"

I hope my question is clear. Waiting for your answer.
    Thank You in advance.

txh1b, can you please reply?

Comment

To work for B, you would need a visa stamped and return on B's petition and get a I-94 or have the employer B amend your petition for EOS. If you get I-94, then you can work for B without a visa stamp.

Were you not in status while the transfer was filed? It could be an USCIS error and your lawyer could write to them asking for I-94 or I797A.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Were you not in status while the transfer was filed? It could be an USCIS error and your lawyer could write to them asking for I-94 or I797A.
        Thank you txh1b.
        Yes, I was paid all the time and I had given my first paystub while filing.

Comment

Your lawyer should be able to get it changed to I797A if it was USCIS error. But it will take time. It took me 2 months couple of years ago to get something similar done.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
            Your lawyer should be able to get it changed to I797A if it was USCIS error. But it will take time. It took me 2 months couple of years ago to get something similar done.
            Thanks txh1b. I almost planned to fly back to home country for stamping.
            I will talk to lawyer about it. Thank You very much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X