H1B Stamping in Mexico/Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping in Mexico/Canada

I had come on L1B visa and switched over to H1B with COS from Oct 2008. Between Mexico/Canada which is a better place from me to get my H1B stamped? Also Is getting the stamping done in India better than going for the neighboring countries? please advice.

Originally posted by simplyshree
    I had come on L1B visa and switched over to H1B with COS from Oct 2008. Between Mexico/Canada which is a better place from me to get my H1B stamped? Also Is getting the stamping done in India better than going for the neighboring countries? please advice.
    guys please let me know your views. also I dont have US degree so will that deter the H1B stamping in Mexico.

Comment

All consulates are the same. If you don't have a US degree, you should be prepared to get directed to the home country. Many similar cases get the visa though. Your choice.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks for the reply txH1b. say if the canada visa officer redirects me to India for stamping... can i return to US and go to india later or do I have to goto India directly from canada

Comment

You will not be allowed into US unless you have a valid visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

can you plz elaborate..my H1b is valid till 2011 and I have my L1B also which is valid till sep 2009.on which visa can i re-enter USA

Comment

txh1b can u please clear my doubt. will i be allowed to re-enter USA on either of the visa or do I have to go back directly to india for stamping. you mentioned that its a matter of chance in Canada/Mexico. so what happens if they redirect me to India? in the forum I havnt read any post of ppl having L1 to H1 (with No USA study background) posting their experience.

Comment

You need H1b visa to enter and work for H1b employer. You cannot use valid L1 to enter and work for H1b employer. It is simply NOT possible. You have to fly home directly from the consular post country and cannot enter US after a visa refusal.

Comment

thanks TxH1b!! so Canada/Mexico is only a valid option for ppl who have US degree? for ppl who have come on L1 then converted to H1 their home
                  country is the best.. but in some forums I read that in India VO told the person why dint u get in stamped in Canada/Mexico. I am a bit confused.. on
                  some place its mentioned home country and some forum its mentioned Canada/Mexico
                  Last edited by simplyshree; 01-13-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

There are no options other than go to home country and get a visa stamp by booking an appointment.

Comment

thanks TxH1b!! so Canada/Mexico is only a valid option for ppl who have US degree? for ppl who have come on L1 then converted to H1 their home
                      country is the best.. but in some forums I read that in India VO told the person why dint u get in stamped in Canada/Mexico. I am a bit confused.. on
                      some place its mentioned home country and some forum its mentioned Canada/Mexico

Comment

txh1b can you please clarify my doubt

Comment

Originally posted by simplyshree
                          but in some forums I read that in India VO told the person why dint u get in stamped in Canada/Mexico.
                          That is NOT true. Why will a VO ask that question? May be the person had previously got stamp in Can/Mex and that prompted the question.

Home country is always a good place. Many people in your situation could get a visa in Canada or Mexico. The possibility of a re-direct always exist and you should be prepared for it. That is all I got to say.

You choose where to go.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X