Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

URGENT : H1B to F2

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • URGENT : H1B to F2

    I am on a f1 visa (have applied for OPT) and my husband is on H1B. Could anyone tell us what the documents are for converting his H1B to F2 (INCLUDING CHANGE OF STATUS FORM)? His H1B will become invalid on JAN 30TH, 2009. How soon should he apply for his F2 in order to maintain his status?

  • #2
    He should apply NOW or any day prior to him losing his status. You would have to talk to the International STudent advisor as you need them to give you the I-20 for the dependent. They also help with the forms for COS. I539.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.