Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 revoke issue

Hello,

Could you tell me what options does a beneficiary has if an employer has revoked an H1 petition ?

Thanks.

If you were employed with the company, they owe you return airfare and wages till the date of the termination.

What options are you looking for? The H1b FAQs give you some basics. Read them.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks.
      I was never employed by the H1 employer.
      I'm working on L1 for some other employer. I voided the COS by travel and got a new I94 on L1.

In this case, if the H1 employer revokes my H1 visa, can I transfer my H1 to some other employer ?
      If I can, do I have to join him right away even when I want to work on L1B for another 6 months or so ?

Comment

Once cap counted, it can be used anytime to get the H1b approved for another employer. Go for a transfer when you are ready to work for H1b employer. Read the FAQs.

COS requires you to join immediately. Go for a CP and get a visa stamp. Read the tons of posts on the same subject.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Yes COS does requires a person to join immediately.
          Just to void the COS I travelled and came ban on L1. When I've voided the COS, will it still be an issue with illegal stay or illegal work ?

I read the forums and it says after COS one either needs to go to the home country for visa stamping or file for another COS.

Just need a reaffirmation from you about legal / illegal stay or work.

Comment

You are currently legal on L1 as you voided the COS. You could have same problem if you get another COS done.

Comment

Yes, so the most preferred way of getting a visa is by booking an appointment with the US consulate, going to the home country and get a visa stamp.
              Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X