Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa in Canada & Mexico - Careful

Hi Folks,

People planning to go for H1B Stamping in Canada or Mexico MUST be very careful as they are not issuing visas easily. Mexico is worst and you are advised not to go there. You will NOT get any help in Mexico as language is problem and if you have to fly back to India you need to spend atleast $3000 for One way fare and also obtain exit visa from Mexico which is nightmare.

If you go to Canada, make sure your Company is sound in filing Taxes and has No bench candidates. If you are working for a client, make sure your take you Badge, any letters from client etc. Without these, you are bound to be delayed without notice and you will get stucked in Canada forever. In Canada you can move around easily and if you were to fly back to India, its as easy as if you were to fly from US. You will find Indians everywhere in Canada and you can get some help if needed.

I advise you to go back to India (even Chennai is relatively easy if you are returning from US) and apply for visa there, you will get it easily.

Also, ONLY go for visas in case it is extremely important, else you may not return to US for a while. It is risky.

This is latest info as on jan 14, 2009 after hearing some cases from various people got held in Canada and Mexico.

Hi Bikki,

from where are getting these stats and figures...have u personally been to mexico for stamping... why r u saying that not to go for visa stamping now unless itz very important. plz back your words by links and genuine case reference of ppl who faced such issues..

Comment

Its your choice

I am new to these kind of forums, but I took time to float this message as I thought it would help the folks going for renewal or obtain visa stamping for the first time.

As several of my friends encountered this issue in past 15 days I tought of letting others know so they will not run into issues.

Since you are asking I do not have to back up with any evidence. If you want to adhere or not is your choice. I am just posting this message thinking it might help atleast some of the readers.

If you want evidence go personally and get a feel for it. That will be a true stat and genuine reference for you.
      Last edited by bikki; 01-16-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

thanks for the info Bikki.. you have quoted..
        "Also, ONLY go for visas in case it is extremely important, else you may not return to US for a while"
        are you saying its risky getting the stamping done in India also? plz elaborate

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X