Travel during H1 Transfer process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel during H1 Transfer process

I'm working for Employer A in US currently and got offer from Employer B, I accepted.
    Due to unavoidable situations I have to travel to India in a week, and in mean time 2 days before travel, I initiated the H1 transfer process with Employer B.
    My current Visa with my Employer A is valid unto 11/2010.
    1) If I travel to India, Will there be any problem for my Visa transfer process with Employer B?
    2)Will there be any issue while coming to US to work for Employer B?
    3)In case, Is there any problem If I come to US to work for previous employer A itself?

1. Will not be EOS. You will not get I-94
    2. Yes, you have to wait for approval notice to travel and work for B.
    3. You can come back, work for A without issues if the petition for A is still valid.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you

Could you please explain the answer for 1st Question
      Will not be EOS?

And

1)If I get approval notice for Employer B while I was in India, Do I need to go for stamping at Consulate to enter into US? (I still have valid visa from employer A till 2010)

Comment

Extension of stay is applicable if you continue to remain in US and work for B using H1b portability. This would get you an approval with an attached I-94 matching the number from the white I-94 at airport.

No new visa is needed if previous one is valid. Please do some reading on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for all your answers

So there won't be any problem
          If I come back to US to work for A (Though If B's petition is approved )
          or
          If I come back to US to work for B (with B's approved notice)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X