X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 extension with i94 till 2011 and Ll1 to H1

Hi txh1b,

I will need your help and clarifications on my current status
    1. My L1 blanket visa is expiring on 25 June 2009. My I94 is valid till 25 June 2011. I am currently forking for company A in US. Please let me know if I will need to file a L1 extension?

2. If your answer is "No" for question #1, what if I will have to go to India some time this year for by sisters wedding and comeback in a 15 days?

3.Can my company apply another L1 blanket from India as a backup so that if I may get it stamped and come back after the wedding? Please note I am not sure when I will have to go to India and comeback

Thanks a Lot...

1. How did you get the I-94 till 2011?
    2. You would need a visa stamp to enter if the visa is not valid.
    3. Talk to your HR. I think it had to be an individual petition than a blanket now. https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/l1/
    Last edited by txh1b; 01-16-2009, 09:30 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi ,
      Thanks a lot for your reply
      please find my answers below

1. In POE the officer asked me "how long I intend to stay"? I said 3 years for my project to complete and he gave I94 till 2011. Is that something wrong?

2. Please let me know if I can apply a L1 visa from India while I am in US?

3. Also My HR says I am eligible for L1 blanket. your comments?

Please Note: My L1 blanket visa is expiring on 25 June 2009. My I94 is valid till 25 June 2011.

Comment

I'm not fully familiar with L1 status and the laws associated with it. I will pass this.

1. My gut, something doesn't seem right.
        2. What do you mean? You have to appear in person for a visa. If you are asking about an appointment, that can be done.
        3. Pass.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hi txh1b,

Thanks for your time. My last question here

Will my company be able to apply a H1 blanket and get a petition approved now ( I am in US) so that when ever I travel to India (say in 6 months from now) I can go for stamping and come back?

Comment

There is no H1b blanket. H1b has to be individual petition. The company can apply for H1b if they wish to and change your status to H1b. They may not do it as you will be sorta a free bird when you get a H1b as you can join any employer with a transfer of H1b which isn't possible on a L1.

Comment

Hi ,
              I am very sorry .. There was a typo error.Its L1 Blanket.

Will my company be able to apply a L1 blanket and get a petition approved now ( I am in US) so that when ever I travel to India (say in 6 months from now) I can go for stamping and come back?

Please Note: My L1 blanket visa is expiring on 25 June 2009. My I94 is valid till 25 June 2011. I am currently forking for company A in US.

Comment

hi txh1b,

Thanks for your time. I will need your suggestions on my question below.

My L1 blanket visa is expiring on 25 June 2009. My I94 is valid till 25 June 2011.

Will my company be able to apply a L1 blanket and get a petition approved now ( I am in US) so that when ever I travel to India (say in 6 months from now) I can go for stamping and come back?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X