Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job situation in US - 2009

Hi,
    Firstly I want to thank all of you for doing a great job of guiding us all. I have been a follower of this forum and it has helped me in numerous occasions.

My question for now is this:
    I am currently in India with a valid H1B visa which was stamped 3 months back. I didnt travel then because of the job situation in US. My H1B employer wants me to travel to US in April 2009 now. I am currently employed in India with a reputed company and have close to 6 years of experience as a developer in C,C++, .NET.

Do you guys think it would be too risky to leave my current job and come to US? Or there are jobs available? My H1B employer tells me that they will be able to put me in some project when I am there. But yes, as of now I have no project confirmed.

Request the H1B visa holders currently in US to please please reply and advise. Would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Who walks into a hurricane from a safe area?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi Suvasini,

I too got my H1-B visa this October. I am in US for quite some time. I am planning to come back to India for a while.

Recession in not yet over. If you are coming to US with a full time opportunity its ok. As a contractor if you are going to come then think twice before stepping in.

Thanks

Comment

Hi All

I am also in the same situation.

regards
        JS

Comment

oh Really??

I heard the job market is getting better. Couple of my friends recently moved to US and they are getting 4-5interview calls per week. Both of them with 4-5years exp.

Also, if you browse dice lets say for .net or java, no. of open position is increasing (I am not sure about this, just my analysis)

Is that so txh1b?

Anyways my employer has told me to sleep for some time... just waiting for my boat to come.

Comment

So, i gather now is not a good time to move to US..But the recession is here to stay....Its a tough situation..Anyways really appreciate your replies..If anyone else has more views on this, kindly respond. Thanks!

Comment

You also have to verify if the jobs posted are genuine. Most of the jobs posted are by recruiting agencies that try to collect resumes and build their database during such hard times.

I have known incidents of Amway people advertising jobs for building their spam list and to get phone numbers. Do your research.

But remember, your H1b sponsor is required to pay by law from day 1 of you making yourself available to them. That is the law. Bench without pay is illegal. Know the laws, do your homework.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txth1b! Really appreciate all the answers....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X