Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport renewal before stamping

Hi.

I have a slight situation I’m hoping you can help me with. I am in the US on H1 visa expiring Feb 2010. My passport expires at the end of August 2009. I am planning to visit India very soon in Feb 2009 and I believe I have to get my visa stamped on the passport while I’m there. My question is: Do I have to renew my passport first? Or can I book the visa appointment there using the old passport? I need to book the appointment very soon in the next week or so. I don’t know how long it takes for the consulate here to issue a new passport. Please advise if it is okay to book with an old passport and carry the new one with me on the trip. Or even just apply for a new one after coming back to the US. The old one doesn’t expire till August. Thank you in advance for your help. You are doing a great job maintaining the website and helping us figure out this unnecessarily complicated process!

Thank you.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

You don't have to renew it first. India is one of the countries exempted. Read https://www.immihelp.com/passport-for-usa-visa-or-immigration/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X