Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Transfer

Hi,

I am working for company A and my project gets over by 31 jan 09. I want to apply to another company B who would transfer my visa through premium processing which takes 15 days (I guess).

It means it will atleast be 20th Feb 09 before I get on board with company B.

Q1. Can I live in US for these 20 days without on pay stub?
    Q2. I am married and my spouse is here on H4 (Dependent visa). Do we need to get transfer for her too, or my visa tansfer is the only thing that I need to take care while moving to other company?

TIA,

[QUOTE=pratik_dharek]It means it will atleast be 20th Feb 09 before I get on board with company B.
    [QUOTE]

Why? You can join B immediately upon the petition being filed and it reaching USCIS. It is called H1b portability. H4 status is dependent on your status and the I-94 expiration date on the H4's name. However, if your H1b time is getting extended with the new employer, it is suggested that you extend the H4 too to avoid H4 falling out of status due to oversight.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X