Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIB and I94 name change to married name

Hi,

I am currently on an HIB visa which has my maiden name. I went back to india, got married, but when I returned, I put in my maiden name on my I94 as that is what my passport and visa had.

I have now changed my name to my married name on SSN, Passport etc by showing my marriage certificate but I am unable to get a drivers license as they say i need to update my immigration records with my married name.

Please let me know how I can go about changing my name (from maiden to married) with immigration. Would i need to change it on my visa and I94?If yes, how?

Thanks a ton.

The only way it can be changed on visa and I-94 is by means of applying for a new visa or having an amendment filed by your attorney to correct the I-94with the changed name.

The new visa and travel seems to be the easier approach. It is never a good idea to change the name in the midst of immigration process due to the complexity involved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X