Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H4 Visa

Hi
    Firstly would like to Thank immihelp.com Forum, as I have been relying a lot on these Forums since couple of years.Today I need some help in my own case:
    I have been in the US on L1 since April 2008. My Husband is on H1B here. Due to the Economic Crisis, which has also started affecting our Org a bit, I am sensing the coming of the Brutal word "Layoff" in our dept.
    - If I get laid off on L1, how much time do I get to file for my H4?
    - Also will I have to go to India and get my H4 stamped or can I stay in the US and get my H4 Processed?
    - Will my L1 be still valid and for how long?
    - Can I take up Job with my current employer in the future on the existing L1?
    Thanks a lot in advance

-Immediately. Keep everything ready and send the forms out as soon as you hear the layoff to USCIS.
    - Once the H4 COS application reaches USCIS when you hold a valid L1 status, you can stay until it is processed. You can as well go out and get a H4 visa but you have to ensure you leave immediately after the L1 termination and not accumulate unauthorized stay.
    - No grace period once you lose the job.
    - Depends. They have to file for a COS back to L1 again.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X