Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) from Chennai Consulate

Hi,

I went to Chennai consulate for my first H1b stamping on 26th of Jan and the VO asked me for the client letter. Since I didn't have the client letter she handed over a 221(g) blue form to me marking all items in the left side and asked me to drop those documents in any of the drop boxes.

My questions are

1. I have all documents except the client letter. So If I drop all other documents will they consider my case?

2. Instead of droping the docs in drop boxes , can I directly go to the consulate for another round of interview?

3. Normally how long it will take to get any reply for such cases?

4. Do I need to submit the original 221(g) from along with other documents?

Waiting for the replies

Thanks

Please somebody help me...........

Comment

Responses from experience

1. I have all documents except the client letter. So If I drop all other documents will they consider my case?
      [VSH] No. You should talk to your employer/consultant and get the client letter. Without this, the chances of your visa getting rejected are pretty high. Once you receive the letter, club it with all other documents, passport and new DS-156/157 and depending on what the VO ticked, either go to the consulate or visit the VFS office nearest to you and they'll take care of sending it after you pay a fee (Rs.384 or something).

2. Instead of droping the docs in drop boxes , can I directly go to the consulate for another round of interview?
      [VSH] You need to do whats been asked by the VO in the 221(g).

3. Normally how long it will take to get any reply for such cases?
      [VSH] Depends. I know people who got it within a week, a month (our case), 4 months or longer too.
      But if your consultant/employer is legitimate and abides by the law truthfully, then you'll most probably get your visa stamped.

4. Do I need to submit the original 221(g) from along with other documents?
      [VSH] Did you not read the back-side of the 221(g) form? All your questions are answered there. Yes, you have to drop the original blue form too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X