Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost to file Labour

All,

Can you please suggest me, how much would it cost if I need to file a LC.
    I am going to put money for the whole GC on my own, don't believe these Desi consultants.

I don't expect any accurate figure, a ball point figure will be fine.

I know, **** ** law firm will charge me $2000 for PERM. then $225 for the DHS.
    What about any other expense ?

Thanks

As per the new law from July 07, employer MUST pay for labor during GC. It includes cost for ads in paper etc.

In general, GC costs can run upto 5000-7000 per person.

Labor - ~2000
    I140 - ~ 1500
    485 ~ 2000

Plus any additional filing fees for each dependent you have.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

labor certification time

I read that the time for Labor certification varies. what is the approximate time for the different center? also what the PERM all about? how is it different from previous system

Comment

can any expert please update me on this..

Comment

There is no set time for labor approvals. Could take 2-12 months.
          Last edited by txh1b; 01-30-2009, 04:39 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

when was that ?

When did u apply ?

Comment

Does not matter when.

Comment

thanks for clarifiying. does it take more than 12 months too? also is the processing time dependent on which state i am applying from?

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                  Does not matter when.

How is that possible, can you please explain?
                  If, I apply for my labour now, the question will be asked in this bad economy, there was no American/GC holder, who can fill this job ?
                  There is going to be more scrutiny OR audit right ?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, in this economy, you would not even get to the stage of applying for the labor as the company should prove that no USC is available for the position. The advertising and paperwork itself takes 2 months before applying for perm.

The processing time depends on a lot of factors including your law firm. Some lawfirms have been rd flagged for wrongdoing and not following the right process. Any timing mentioned is an estimate. If an approximate timing I mention is a concern and one expects USCIS or DOL to stick to the timeframe, it would be naivety.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X