H4 Visa stamping in Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa stamping in Mexico

Hi, My sister is on H4 visa. Her husband (H1)and she does not have stamping done at present. Can she go to India alone and have it stamped or both of them have to go for stamping? Also, I heard that now we can't have it stamped in Canada/mexico, but must go to country of passport?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

You can go to Mexico if you meet the requirements
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visastampingcanadamexico/index.html

Yes, only spouse alone can go for H4 stamping.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

H4 stamping in Merida Consulate Mexico safe?

Hi,

My wife has applied for COS H1B to H4 in Vermont Service Center in April 2015. It looks like it will take another 6 months from now to get H4 approved. SHe is not working since April 2015. So, we are planning to go to Mexico for H4 stamping. But we are going to Merida consulate not Matamoros because Merida is close to Cancun and we are planning 4 days vacation in Cancun after stamping.

The only thing bothering me is on the official website of Mexico US consulate, they have mentioned the following:

"Third Country Nationals* residing in the United States may apply to renew a visa in any category except B1/B2 or H2. NOTE – The applicant must apply to renew in the same visa category and cannot apply in a different category."

So, H1B to H4 can considered as renewal is same Category (H)?

So, is it safe to go for H4 stamping in Merida?. Please share your thoughts here or email me. My email is [email protected]

Thanks in Advance
      -Sid

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X