Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I539 denial notice received after H4 was stamped in India

Hi,

I had applied for L2 to H4 with COS in August. While the COS I539 was pending I went to India and I got H4 stamped. I come back to US on H4 few weeks back but today I received I539 denial notice.
    Is I539 denial notice is because I was already stamped for H4? Should I be concerned regarding this ?

Please let me know
    Thanks

I had applied for L2 to H4 with COS in August. While the COS I539 was pending I went to India and I got H4 stamped. I come back to US on H4 few weeks back but today I received I539 denial notice.
    Is I539 denial notice is because I was already stamped for H4? Should I be concerned regarding this ?

---- Yes, the denial is due to the fact that you have abondoned your application in the US and went out of the country. If you have valid visa stamped on your Passport therer is nothing to worry

---- To be on the safe side, consult an attorney, who set aside all these matters in a professional manner and you will have nothing to worry about

Subramanya

Comment

What is reason for denial? Did you apply for H4 COS after the H1b already changed status frrom L1? Were you out of status at the time of COS?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I haven't got the Denial notice in my hand yet. I just received the notification from the USCIS website that my I539 application has been denied and they have send the notice. I will let you know as soon as I get that notice. But I had applied for H4 COS after my spouse had got his H1 approved in Aug. And at that time both of us were on L1 valid visa. By the time of Oct1 when my spouse H1 started, I had already applied for I539 and my application was pending.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X