Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple jobs on single H1B

Hi,

I am currently on H1B working at a client location for employer A. Is it possible and legal for me to work at a second client location part time and bill both the clients to my employer and draw the consolidated paycheck from my employer? Is there any New Jersey law regarding this?

Please share your advice. Thanks.

I am currently on H1B working at a client location for employer A. Is it possible and legal for me to work at a second client location part time and bill both the clients to my employer and draw the consolidated paycheck from my employer? Is there any New Jersey law regarding this?

---- No, you cannot do it. On H1 you work for one employer full time and that's it. One H1 is only meant for one employer. For the part time work you should try applying for another H1B

Subramanya

Comment

Yes, you could work for other clients as long as your employer remains the same as the one that processed your H1b and you get paid through them.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya
        No, you cannot do it. On H1 you work for one employer full time and that's it. One H1 is only meant for one employer. For the part time work you should try applying for another H1B
        The employer is remaining the same in this case and it is possible to work.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X