H1 to H4 - PLEASE HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 - PLEASE HELP!!!

I am currently on an H1B status in the U.S but I still have my H4 visa stamped on my passport.

I wish to go back on H4 to pursue schooling. What documents

1. do I need to apply for change of status to H4 (Can my employer do it for me if he agrees to?)
    2. do I need at the time of visa stamping at the consulate

Also, do I need to go for stamping to my home country (or) can I just start school and get my H4 restamped when I visit my home country. (since the current visa stamped on my passport is a H4 anyway).

Thanks and appreciate your help.

I am currently on an H1B status in the U.S but I still have my H4 visa stamped on my passport.

I wish to go back on H4 to pursue schooling. What documents

1. do I need to apply for change of status to H4 (Can my employer do it for me if he agrees to?)

---- Use form I-539 and apply for COS from H1 to H4

2. do I need at the time of visa stamping at the consulate

---- There is no need to go for a visa stamp if you receive a I-94 along with your I-797 (H4 petition)

Also, do I need to go for stamping to my home country (or) can I just start school and get my H4 restamped when I visit my home country. (since the current visa stamped on my passport is a H4 anyway).

---- Refer Q2

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for your response. Just a clarification though- Will I not need to re-stamp my H4 VISA when I leave the country and need to re-enter the US?

If yes, will I be required to provide paystubs of my previous employer, at the time of the VISA interview?

Appreciate your help.

Comment

Thanks for your response. Just a clarification though- Will I not need to re-stamp my H4 VISA when I leave the country and need to re-enter the US?

If yes, will I be required to provide paystubs of my previous employer, at the time of the VISA interview?

---- Your question was answered. You are only repeating the question

---- If your H4 visa expires by the time you leave US you need to get it restamped.

----- Yes at the time of getting it restamed, you need to provide all the evidence like pay stubs etc. from your previous employer as you were employed on H1 ans your status of H1 will be shown on the status screen of the VO's PC

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X