Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Stamping, question on filling Application form

Hi
    I am on H1-B for employer A and entered into US in 2006 and my VISA expiration date is 13 Sep 2007.My employer filed for an extension and received an approval notice till 05/2009.

In 2008 I changed to employer B who filed for transfer of H1 and extension and now I have the I-797 valid till 06/2011

I am going to INDIA for my marriage and will be making an appointment with vfs-us.co.in in order for VISA stamping and doing this I have a query when filling the application, which said ?

"Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?" Yes / No

For the above question I am not sure whether my answer is Yes or No ?

I am applying for the same class of VISA which is H1-B but the only difference is , my employer got changed.

And to my understandin my earlier VISA stamping in the passport shows expiration date of 13 Sep 2007 which is more than 12 months from today.

Also I do have a I797 Approval notice from US goverment filed for me as an H1-B by my new current employer which shows validity till 06/2011.

So, Can you please help me in understanding whether my answer to the above question in the vfs site would be Yes or No ?

Answer NO.

Comment

H1-B Stamping, question on filling Application form

Hi
      Thank You for your quick reply.
      Can you please explain me little more on why the answer should be NO ?

Comment

Originally posted by orion
        Answer NO.
        The answer will be Yes, as the OP is applying for the same class of visa i.e. H1B

Subramanya

Comment

The difference for a yes/no answer on this question will only be in appointment availability dates and nothing more than that.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Answer NO because you visa expired more than 12 months ago.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X