Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H-4 extention - while H1B case recipt number is not recieved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-4 extention - while H1B case recipt number is not recieved.

I am on H-1B. My current H-1 B expires on 02/26/09. New H-1B extention petetion is filed by my employer on 02/02/09. we have not received reciept number. I need to file I-539 extention for my spouse & daughters ( On H4)before 02/26/09.
    If I do not recieve my reciept number immediately, what shall be my next steps?
    PLZZ if any one can guide me?

Why did you not apply for them along with yours? You can apply before you get the receipt and submit H1b details in a RFE.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response.
      I agree that could have been better choice. But as my employer & their lawyer has filed for me. & I am responsible for filing for my family.

As per initial plan, I was under impression that my extention will be filed by mid of January & I will get reciept number within 8-1o days. And then I could file for my family on my case reciept number. But some how my filing was delayed.

Would you mind to guide me the next steps?

Thanks

Comment

Just apply before the I-94 expiry. If possible, get the case number from the back of the check and take an online case status printout and include it. In all possibility, you should definitely have a receipt in 1 week of the application reaching USCIS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X