Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer - Vendor Company Asking for Confidentiality Aggreement

Hi,

I have recently got my H1B transfered from an Indian Consultancy company to a Telecom company (currently in full-time with this co). I have not informed about my new job to the Indian Co and I am not reporting to the client for the past 2 weeks. I have informed both the client and the Indian Co that I am going to India for a family emergency. Later informed them that I will not be returning. The reason for why I've not informed about my new job is that the Indian Co made me sign a 18 months agreement to stay with them. Now, since I got a full-time position I've changed the job without informing.

Now, there is a 3rd party vendor between the client and the Indian Co and they are asking me sign a Confidentiality Aggreement which has the following instructions in it. Let me know if it is gonna cause me any problem.

"The Federal Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 prohibits any individual who has been convicted of a criminal felony involving dishonesty or breach of trust from working in the business of insurance. The Act also prohibits an insurance company from knowingly employing such an individual in the business of insurance. Further, the Act applies to both employees and subcontractors; therefore, an insurer is prohibited from contracting with a Vendor, who has been convicted of a criminal felony involving dishonesty or breach of trust, or who has employees, agents, or contractors, who are providing services for the insurer and who have been convicted of such a crime. In order to comply with the Company's obligations under this law, all Vendors are required to make sufficient inquiry to determine if any employee, agent, or contractor of a Vendor, who may be assigned to perform services for or in connection with a business relationship with "Client Name", has been convicted of a criminal felony. In the event a Vendor determines that any employee, agent or contractor has been convicted of a criminal felony, the Vendor shall inform "Client Name" of such a conviction, and the Vendor shall not assign that individual to perform services for "Client Name"

Why is a third party vendor of your ex-employer approaching you now to sign it after the fact that you have quit the company?

If I were you, I would not deal with any third party with whom I have no relation with.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

The vendor is asking for the Agreement on behalf of the client.
      According to the email I got from the 3rd Party,

" 'Client' is requesting that you sign the attached confidentiality agreement. Because you both (Vendor & me) worked for 'CLIENT' during any part of January or February, you are required to sign the attached confidentiality agreement "

This is according to the email I've got. Pls advice.

Comment

Such agreements are signed before you begin employment, not after the fact. However, it is upto you to sign or refuse. They cannot force you to sign. The agreement they are asking you to sign will not be of any harm even if you do from how I see it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X