Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Withdrawl last year and new H1B now

Greetings Reader,

Friend of mine had applied for H1B in 2008 (April 2008) for FY 2009 through IT consultancy. This friend has almost 3 years of experiece back in India (little in IT and more in non-IT field, true exp.). He did his masters in non-IT field in USA. He know coding and computer programming as he used it in bachelores and masters for thesis and reaserch work. When he filed it in Apr 2008 through IT consulting company, he is not sure how much of his 3 years experience in India (little in IT and more in non IT field) did IT consultant show? IT consultant informed him that he did not show any **** experience but did put in I-129 form that this guy has exp. in coding, programming, installation and testing etc. But in letter of support for this candidate it has been mentioned that , his masters degree + some of training will make him eligible for the job as the job is for logical and analytical person (no exp. is mentioned in letter of support). After new rule of OPT extension, my friend decided to withdraw his H1B petition (as he had job in his own field) and IT consultancy agreed to it. By that time he has received RFE on H1B application so employer did withdraw his application with consent with my friend.

My friend has same job now (in his own field) and has real experience. He got experience in last year working as a Mechanical Engg. too. He wants to file for his H1B now in Apr 2009 for FY 2010.

He is not sure if USCIS has old resume he used for last year when he did withdraw his application. His exp. is true in both cases. Can you please guide how to proceed further. He has real exp but not sure if IT consultant did show anything or not. But this is sure that IT consultant did not show any **** exp.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Shri

Friend of mine had applied for H1B in 2008 (April 2008) for FY 2009 through IT consultancy. This friend has almost 3 years of experiece back in India (little in IT and more in non-IT field, true exp.). He did his masters in non-IT field in USA. He know coding and computer programming as he used it in bachelores and masters for thesis and reaserch work. When he filed it in Apr 2008 through IT consulting company, he is not sure how much of his 3 years experience in India (little in IT and more in non IT field) did IT consultant show? IT consultant informed him that he did not show any **** experience but did put in I-129 form that this guy has exp. in coding, programming, installation and testing etc. But in letter of support for this candidate it has been mentioned that , his masters degree + some of training will make him eligible for the job as the job is for logical and analytical person (no exp. is mentioned in letter of support). After new rule of OPT extension, my friend decided to withdraw his H1B petition (as he had job in his own field) and IT consultancy agreed to it. By that time he has received RFE on H1B application so employer did withdraw his application with consent with my friend.

My friend has same job now (in his own field) and has real experience. He got experience in last year working as a Mechanical Engg. too. He wants to file for his H1B now in Apr 2009 for FY 2010.

He is not sure if USCIS has old resume he used for last year when he did withdraw his application. His exp. is true in both cases. Can you please guide how to proceed further. He has real exp but not sure if IT consultant did show anything or not. But this is sure that IT consultant did not show any **** exp.

---- Long story short. If your frined is going to apply this year, his job skills should match the job requirements and the resume should reflect this. The employer/consultant should be able to verify all this information and be confident of sponsoring your friend for H1B. Last year application and incident is history and the file would be archived

---- Apply fresh and start fresh. That's it

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for reply

Greetings,

Thanks for your reply.

Have a great time ahead.

Shri

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}