Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B-L1A-H1B(New)

Hi,

My fiancee is completing 6 years in US by July 2009. He is on L1A now which is valid until June 2010. He has an approved I140.

Can he apply for an H1B New this April 2009 ?
    When he should COS L1A to H1B if H1B is approved.?

Thanks,
    Reshmi

Can anyone reply to this please?

Can anyone reply to this please?

Comment

Based on an approved I140, he could get an H1b extension approved. If he is on L1A, has he not applied for his 485 yet?

He has to talk to his HR about COS. If H1b is approved based on an approved I140 and he gets through the lottery, he can COS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks.

Thanks for your reply. He was not in country and the documents were not ready when last year the dates were open for concurrent processing. His prioritiy date is 2006 and on EB3.He can only apply 485 only when it is current date right? Please let me know.

Comment

L1 cannot be extended. He has to get a H1b. Yes, PD has to be current to apply for 485.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X