L1 to H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H4

My spouse's L1 assignment ends on Feb 27, 2009. We have applied for an H4 COS today. When will this be effective? We mentioned that his assignment ends on Feb 27, 2009.

As long as USCIS gets the petition prior to the L1 assignment ending, she will be considered to be in "authorized stay" until the petition remains pending. It could take 2-6 months for approval.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L1 to H4

As per USCIS website, Vermont Service Center is still processing I-539 from May, 2008.
      Is this true?

We just applied for my spouse's H4 at this Service Center.

Is there any way to re-route it to California Service Center as my H1B was processed there although we are residents of the East Coast?

How long will it take to receive a receipt number for H4?
      We need it to apply for my spouse's H1 visa this year. We only applied for H4 interim because we wanted him to remain with family here after his assignment on L1 ended.

His H1 is being applied this year in the 20K Masters category. Will his H1B if picked in lottery be a CP for sure or can it be a COS? Especially since H4 will take time

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X