Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help needed for H1B tranfer

Hello,

I have a question regarding my employment & H1B.

I was working for company "A" and my project ended in Jan and the company "A" gave me 1 month to find employment.

So I have applied for H1B transfer last week with company "B"

I got a call today from company "A" offering me a job.

Is it possible for me to work with company "A", while my application for H1B transfer is pending?

I want to join company "B" when H1B transfer is approved but in the meantime can I work for company "A" because it is very hard to find a job in this economic situation

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by priya82
    I was working for company "A" and my project ended in Jan and the company "A" gave me 1 month to find employment.
    Are they paying you for this month?

So I have applied for H1B transfer last week with company "B"
    Do they have a job for you? Them just applying for a transfer will not work as you need to have a real job for USCIS to approve these days.

I got a call today from company "A" offering me a job.

Is it possible for me to work with company "A", while my application for H1B transfer is pending?
    Why not? Did they cancel the H1b? A transfer does not force one to work for B.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Priya,

Ur case is simple and please start working for EMP-A.

Comment

Thanks a lot folks.

emploer A is still holding my H1b, they did not revoke it.
        also, employer A(American Company) has offered me a job and asked me to start from Monday(02/23) but employer B(Indian Company) has applied for
        H1b transfer.

The only thing I am worried, if there is another layoff with employer A before H1B transfer with employer B. In that situation can I join employer B and maintain my status.

please help me.

Comment

Each H1b is independent on its own. There is no relation between employer A's petition and B's petition. You could work for A or B as long as the petitions are valid but not for both.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all your advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X