X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requested to re-submit the passport after issuing the H1-b visa @ New Delhi

Hi all,

I have a peculiar situation in here.

I came to US in 2005 on F1 visa and got approved for a H1-b visa in 2007. I have been working in california as a contractor from Dec'2007. I came to India on an emergency visit as my dad was hospitalized. I went to Delhi embassy to get my visa stamped on 21st of Jan,2009 and approved . I got my passport back through courier on 25th Jan'2009.

I got a mail from the "[email protected]" saying that there was a technical problem in my non immigrant visa and requested not to travel on 30th Jan'2009. As my father was expired on 27th Jan 2009, I was busy with cremation work and was unable to check the mails till 12th Feb'2009.

Below is the mail from the Embassy for your reference.
    ---------------------------------
    On 1/30/09, ADMIN, NIV <[email protected]> wrote:
    Dear Mr. Katradadda:

Please note that due to technical problem in your nonimmigrant visa you are requested not to travel and be advised to submit your passport back at window number # 5 at the earliest between 9:00 to 1:00pm on any working day.

Sincerely,
    NIV Unit
    Consular Section
    American Embassy
    New Delhi, India
    This email is unclassified as defined by E.O. 12958
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I contacted the embassy through mail and phone but I didn't get any response. Phone lines were always busy. I visited the embassy on 17th of Jan'2009 and submitted the passport. I did ask the person at the "window 5" about the technical problem and when can I get my passport back? and weather they need my presence again or not? I got an answer like this "We can't tell you about the technical problem and there is no time limit that they can say to return the passport. The embassy will contact you till then you have to wait." I told him that I have specific travel plans to leave the country on 20th Feb'2009 and tried to show him the itenary and my job is at stake. but no use..

I have visited the embassy again today (18th Feb'2009) and faced the same person in the same window. This time he got little angry for my re-appearence. I asked him politely but crisply about the status. He tried to threaten me that if I'm in a hurry he can give my passport back with the visa refusal. Later he told my case is in process and I have to wait until I get further communication from the embassy.

Can any one help me if they know the similar situation??

Remember I was not issued any 221(g) or 214(b) or any thing while I was interviewed. My visa was approved and got this mail a week after my interview was conducted.

AAP. You must wait.

Comment

Hi

Hi Chaituk,
      what happened finally. What was the problem. My wife is is India getting her H1 stamped and the she recieved a similar mail, but was asked to submit passport at VFS delhi and not in embassy as in your case.
      Please reply...I am really tense and anxious about this stuff
      Thanks
      Puneet

Comment

Hi Puneet,

I have received same mail. I applied my visa on the 8th and then received it on 10. I will go to VFS on Monday as I have already booked non refundable ticket for 18th.

Let me know if you have an update.

Regards,

Comment

Hi Ranate,
          Was it at the Delhi US embassy?because my wife also went for an interview on 8th of Dec and got her passport back on 10th. The technical error the embassy guys are talking about might be a general one which happened to many visas stamped that day and not person specific...
          I will update any developments
          Thanks
          Puneet

Comment

Hi Puneet,

Mine was also in Delhi on the 8th. I saw atleast two more people, on another forum, having received the same mail.

It has to be a more generic error. The trouble I have is that I have a non refundable ticket booked for 18th night and I am hoping to get it sorted by then.

I will be going to VFS, first thing tomorrow morning and will write my update.

Regards,

Comment

I had the same experience

Guys,

I was in New Delhi on Dec 8th for stamping, got my visa and then got an e-mail about technical error. I think it has to be generic/system issue.

I was wondering if I should got to Embassy or go to nearest VFS location. I don't live anywhere near embassy or consulate so am wondering .....

Comment

Hi,

I am planning to go to VFS on Monday morning. If I am not satisfied with their response, I will go to the embassy.

I am not going to the embassy first because it will not be easy to reach the concerned person. I am hoping VFS will have more details on the issue.

One things is sure now that the issue is with several visa's stamped on the 8th , so this is not case specific. Also there are H1 and B1/B2 visas that have been called back.

Comment

December 8 - Email re: Technical Error in VISA

My family (4 members) also had their visa interview on Dec 8 (New Delhi) and were approved for visitor visas. They also received emails on Dec 10 from NIV unit regarding a technical error and were asked to resubmit their passports thru VFS...so this is not an isolated incident. Anyone have any add'l updates?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    My wife just came back from VFS after submitting her passport. Someone told her there that there was some problem in the computer in which the embassy guys feed there data about all the visas.
                    Please update any other developments
                    Thanks
                    Puneet

Comment

Went to VFS today

I have been told that I should hear back from them in 3-4 days or get my passport in 3-4 days. I was not told anything else. I guess it is indeed computer error and that we should all be good

Comment

Technical Error in Visa - New Delhi US Embassy

Even my wife got a similar email. But our situation is worse than most of you. My wife went for her H4 visa interview on December 08, 2009 and got her stamped visa through courier on December 10, 2009. We flew to US on December 19, 2009 and had absolutely no immigration / custom problems. Got an email from NIVADMIN (New Delhi US Embassy) on December 22, 2009 that there was some technical error in the visa and my wife would not be able to travel to US and we should return the passport to VFS ASAP. I sent 3 emails to NIVADMIN stating them our situation but have not heard back as of yet. Would like to know your experiences after submission of visas to VFS for this specific problem. Did they return your visa with new stamping or did they return it without any changes.

I would also like to get some suggestions from you guys as to what should we do in such a situation. We have a small one year kid and it will be really tough to go back to India at this point of time.
                        Last edited by kanhaiyas; 12-23-2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Requested to re-submit the passport after issuing the H1-b visa @ New Delhi

Hi guys,

Please tell me what happened finally in your cases. I am in a similar situation now.

thanks alot!
                          H Singh

Comment

HI Guys,
                            What happened Finally ???

Kindly reply I am in the same situation now ....

Regards

Comment

Requested to re-submit the passport after visa issued

Hi Guys,
                              What happened finally ???
                              Kindly reply as i am in situation rite now ...

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X