F1 to H1 Transfer without OPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1 Transfer without OPT?

How much time does it take to transfer from F1 to H1 (without going on an OPT since I have used for my earlier degree)? Does it work like a transfer from H1 to H1 i.e I can start working as soon as I get a receipt or do i have to wait for the actual approval (if so then premium processing might be the best option)

If currently on F1, if I have to apply for an H1 visa on getting a job, will I have to go thru the cap? I still have 3 years remaining from my earlier expired H1 visa.

You have to get on H1b immediately after the graduation as you don't have the OPT option.

You have to wait for H1b approval which has to be filed prior to your graduation to be in "authorized" period of stay. Once the H1b COS is approved, you can begin work.

You are not subject to cap again. Best bet is to have an employer have the H1b approved, get a visa stamped abroad and return on H1b.

As an alternative, the H1b can be applied as a COS with PP if you want quicker results.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X