Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Satatus Information

Hi,

I got my H1B stamped last year after Oct 2008 from Company A.

Company A has stated that they are having difficulty finidng projects due to to economic slowdown and it may take a while before they get new
    project.

1. Due to not having projects, my company has put me in 6 months vacation period. Am I suppose to spend vacation time in my home country?
    If yes, As I don't have any pay stubs, would there be a problem coming back to USA?

2. Also I am expecting a baby and based on some test results Dr. might suggest bed rest. Can I legally extend my vacation period on H1 visa status until baby is born and stay in USA?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

1. Due to not having projects, my company has put me in 6 months vacation period. Am I suppose to spend vacation time in my home country?
    If yes, As I don't have any pay stubs, would there be a problem coming back to USA?

---Do you have visa stamped or it was COS? In either case there could be a problem. It is better to take legal help from employer and their attorney. They will work out solution according to your leave letter.

2. Also I am expecting a baby and based on some test results Dr. might suggest bed rest. Can I legally extend my vacation period on H1 visa status until baby is born and stay in USA?

---Better you consult an attorney because in first question, you are on unpaid vacation as there are no projects and in second question you are giving medical reasons.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X