Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 transfer without I-797 notice

Hi,

Me and my spouse are currently on H-1B visa. I have lost my current I-797 approval notice and do not have a copy either. My employer informed me that he and lawyer also do not have a copy as only one was sent by USCIS.

My spouse would like to come on H4 visa. I do have approval email from USCIS that we received when I-797 was approved under Premium Processing. The email contains all the information including Petition Number, approval date, expiry date and I-94 number.

My question is can I file for my wife's H-4 transfer based on approval notice email and I-824 (it has been filed to get duplicate I-797 approval notice around 3 months back).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You would need the I797. Approval email will not work.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

As per the process from USCIS - they send two copies of I-797 , one is a courtsey original copy to the employer and other is the copy to the lawyer/firm if they applied for ur extension/H1.
      Courtsey Copy is I-797C (which consist of all the information as same as I-797A) except for the bottom part which has I-94 (incase of extension) or Consulate details(in case of new H1).
      So u r saying that u /employer/lawyer do not have either of these two originals or even the photcopies!!!!!!!.
      I am not sure but law firms , they generally scanned all documents which they file/receive on behalf of their clients.
      If not then as correctly mentioned by txh1b - it will be very difficult without it.
      As I-797A original/I-797C courtsey copy is the main document required to prove ur H1 status .

I am not sure but the Email u have got , Letter from u employer ,Letter from ur lawyer stating the facts , I-824 Application copy that u have applied for the duplicate , u can try with these and maybe consulate can confirm the details from their system/PIMS application.

Best of Luck!!!!!

Thanks,
      Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X