Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAME mistake in Birth Record.

hi to all,
    I am on H1B and my wife on H4, we have problem in birth record for baby.
    my name is ok, but wife name is : her name + my name + lastname when she born. now her last name is my name and they put last name as my wife when born. so this is totaly wrong!!! or its ok... because we use before marriage like hername + fathername + herlast name before marriage. but above is I think its wrong.... I ask to hospital stafff they said we dont know your name system but we need to print her last name when she born.. uhh.. thanks in advance if you friends reply me.

I am confused by your post as to what name is wrong. If your child has mother's maiden name as the last name and you want it changed to your last name?

You need to contact the necessary county birth department to make those corrections. Was the child born in US or India?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

if the baby is born in US....then you must have filled the application for Birth certificate in hospital , that time u should have mentioned what name u want for all.

As correctly said by txhb1 , now for any name change u need to contact the birth department from where it was issued.

Thanks,
      Abhay

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        I am confused by your post as to what name is wrong. If your child has mother's maiden name as the last name and you want it changed to your last name?

You need to contact the necessary county birth department to make those corrections. Was the child born in US or India?
        thanks, we are on H1B , H4 then ofcourse we are in USA. ok baby name is ok.. but mothers name they wrote mothersname+myname + lastname is mothers birth name, ex. hername Amita+myname amit + herbirth lastname shah. actually she is not shah right now. after marriage her last ame is Patel.
        they wrote : amita myname shah thats wrong.. its ok or we have to change. we are in denver.

Comment

Originally posted by abhayg4
          Hi,

if the baby is born in US....then you must have filled the application for Birth certificate in hospital , that time u should have mentioned what name u want for all.

As correctly said by txhb1 , now for any name change u need to contact the birth department from where it was issued.

Thanks,
          Abhay
          we filled birth record form at hospital, I visit 3times for change but they cant change the last name in my wife:
          baby name is ok.
          My name is ok
          in record they mistake in my wife name : amita myname herlast name shah this is right now she is patel why they put shah , yes I mentioned in form my wife at the birht last name is shah... but as per passport and all records its not true for me

Comment

They definitely don't make up names on their own. You would have filled out some forms for registering the name at birth and they go by what was filled out. You have to deal with them to get it corrected. If you have filled it out right and they got it wrong, you have a valid point for them to correct the name.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I dont even understand any of OP's posts thanks txh1b for reples!

Comment

Originally posted by orion
                I dont even understand any of OP's posts thanks txh1b for reples!
                -- read carefully, he is asking to change last name of his wife in her baby birthrecord which issued by hospital.. ok hey when u fill the form on that time u have to mentioned wife last name when she born(before marriage) its must... so its ok they will never change it.. dontworry about it. leave it as it is. its not wrong.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X