h4 to h1 conversion in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 to h1 conversion in US

I am currently in India & will be going to US on H4 visa. I have my H1 petition approved , so how can I convert (change status) my H4 to H1 by staying in US only.
    Thanx

Apply using I-129, the same way as a new H1. But your will be cap exempt with COS request.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Its I-539.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
        Its I-539.
        Any status to H1 COS is done using form I-129. Form I539 applies to other status that an employer is not involved with.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,
          Fee is the same like fresh H1 again?what is the fee for H4-H1 conversion.

Comment

If it is a new employer, all fresh H1b fee (Fraud fee, trg fee etc) applies. If it is an amendment of the H1 to a COS from an employer who already has H1b approved, it is just the I129 processing fee.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi Txh1b,
              Thanks for your info.Please let me know what is the I129 fee.

Comment

Look it up on USCIS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X