• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing from H1-B Visa to H4 Visa

Hi,
    Please let me know your advices
    Thanks,
    SVK
    Last edited by SVKM; 02-25-2009, 11:52 PM.

Originally posted by SVKM
    Hi,
    Following is the situation of mine. Me and my employer are from different states.
    #1 Came to US in March 2007 - H4
    #2 H1-B approved in Nov 2008 - H1-B
    #3 Got SSN in Jan 2009
    #4 Did not run any pay stubs till now

At the same time of the H1-B approval, i was also pregnant and I am not on any project till now. I am due this May 2009 and will be ready to work from July 2009. I want to know all the options I have to maintain my H1-B status ? I did consult a attorney but he confused us throughly.

Appreciate if any of you share your experiences and any pointers.
    Thanks,
    SVK
    --
    point # 4. you are not working then how is your medical inssurance will covered during your pregnancy?
    as per your long text you are out of status if you are not on project or any kind of work and not get paid by your employer..

Comment

Regarding my medical insurance: My Insurance is still with my husbands employer. So I am covered still as I was on H4...

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
        --
        point # 4. you are not working then how is your medical inssurance will covered during your pregnancy?
        as per your long text you are out of status if you are not on project or any kind of work and not get paid by your employer..
        My medical Insurance is still with my husbands employer, we did not change it.

Comment

Changing from H1-B Visa to H4 Visa

So, Can some body tell me if we can apply for non-immigrant status change(H1-H4) without submitting the recent pay stubs. Following is what i see in I-539 instructions. They are not asking to submit pay stubs of the applicant.
          7. Dependents of an H, Temporary Worker
          If you are filing for an extension/change of status as the dependent of an employee who is an H temporary worker, this application must be submitted with:
          B. A copy of the employee's Form I-94 or approval notice showing that he or she has already been granted status to the period requested on your application; and
          C. Evidence of relationship (example: birth or marriage certificate).
          NOTE: An employer should file Form I-129 to request an extension/change to H status for an employee or prospective employee. Dependents of such employees should file for an extension/change of status on this form, not on Form I-129.

Comment

In similar situation almost.

#1 Came to US - H4
            #2 COS from H4 to H1 in Nov 2008 - H1-B
            #3 Got SSN in Oct 2008
            #4 Did not run any pay stubs till now
            Husband on H1 and applying for extension through his current employer
            1. My employer is suggesting to file for my H4 extension along with my husbands H1 xtn. Is this possible? My understanding was I do not have H4 any longer?
            2. a) Can I file for COS from H1 to H4 now or b) should I wait till my husbands H1 xtn is filed to apply for cos.
            3. Do I need pay stubs for this for a or b

Comment

H1B to H4 to H1B

Hi T_shivam and SVK,

I think if you want to file for COS (H1 to H4), you need paystubs. But I think you don't need apystubs (not 100% sure) if you want to leave the country and come back with H4 stamp.

Does anybody know, once you do COS from H1 to H4, how to come back on H1B? Do we have to file for COS or fresh new visa (exempt from quota) if we want to work for the same employer? And do we need any paystubs at that time?

Thanks,
              Rit

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X