Will my wife need to go for stamping once again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my wife need to go for stamping once again

hi, I am on H1 and my wife is on H4. All the documents like her passport, US Visa and I-94 has her maiden name on them and none of them are expiring this year. Hence, We don't need to gofor Stamping during India travel.

We are planning to visit india next month and would also like to change her last name as of mine in passport. I think she will get a new booklet/passport with married last name updated on the passport.

But Does she NEED to go for US Visa stamping for New Visa as well in order to have her married last name on Visa so that she can also have her married last name on I-94.

Please suggest. Thanks in Advance.

I wouldn't worry about changing names in her passport. Just to not get hassled by the procedures.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

What is in a name? Just leave it as it is until you are done dealing with immigration to avoid unnecessary hassles and confusions.

I like it when the last names don't match so that the curious minds at workplace don't start looking for your spouse in the directory if you happen to work at the same place.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank you for your response and I also agree with you. But I am just curious to know the procedure.

If my wife wish to change her last name in passport. Does she also need to change the name in Visa stamp (by going to consulate).

Thank you for your responses in advance.
        Last edited by vbak; 03-02-2009, 03:33 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X