Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Cut & Salary in LCA

Hello Experts,
    My current employer recently announced 20% salary cuts accross the board. effective next pay period. My current salary is 80K p.a., which matches the actual salary mentioned in LCA. The prevaling wage for the City where I work for my position is 60K p.a. Hence after the salary cut is implemented from next pay period my salary will be 64K p.a. just 4K above the prevaling wage.

I wanted to confirm if this pay cut affects my visa status as the employer will not be paying me the actual salary specified in LCA, but at same time stay above the prevaling wage limit for my current job position.

I am on H-1B status.

Thanks a lot.

I don't think if affects you visa status.

I also think that the employer would or should amend the H1 petition for the wage cut with a new LCA.

Not 100% sure though.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Amendment is needed in their own interest. If not, you can claim back wages when you want to later on when the economy improves based on this .

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your responses

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X