Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-157 form for H1B stamping

Hello friends -
    1) I am having a hard time saving my DS-157 online on the vfs website. I tried saving 6 or 7 times but I was not successful. Can I proceed with submitting the forms without the DS-157, so that I can at least get the interview date that I want?
    2) The DS-157 on the top right corner of the form says expiry on sept 2008, so I am not sure if the form has expired and can be used any more or not. may be that is why it causes the save error?? don't know ?? just speculating.
    3) in form DS-157 question about immigration filing (green card filing) at what point do you say yes? is it after perm/labor filing or is it after perm approval or is it after i-140 filing or is it after i-140 approval or is it after i-485 filing?
    4) how do i get stamping interview appointment for me and my wife together at the same time? do i just say i have another form to file after i submit my forms OR do i have both forms ready and submit them a couple of minutes apart?

I sincerely appreciate any help from all of you.

Thank you

ps77

Originally posted by ps77
    Hello friends -
    1) I am having a hard time saving my DS-157 online on the vfs website. I tried saving 6 or 7 times but I was not successful. Can I proceed with submitting the forms without the DS-157, so that I can at least get the interview date that I want?
    2) The DS-157 on the top right corner of the form says expiry on sept 2008, so I am not sure if the form has expired and can be used any more or not. may be that is why it causes the save error?? don't know ?? just speculating.
    3) in form DS-157 question about immigration filing (green card filing) at what point do you say yes? is it after perm/labor filing or is it after perm approval or is it after i-140 filing or is it after i-140 approval or is it after i-485 filing?
    4) how do i get stamping interview appointment for me and my wife together at the same time? do i just say i have another form to file after i submit my forms OR do i have both forms ready and submit them a couple of minutes apart?

I sincerely appreciate any help from all of you.

Thank you

ps77

What is error that you are getting? I will suggest using IE rather than firefox or anything else. You have to complete all the forms before you can book an appointment.

You and your wife have to fill and save all their forms first and then one of you should get an appointment and then you will see an option for adding another applicant to the same appointment.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

The error that i get is something like this "failed to save error trn-157"

Comment

Check the date formats.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X