Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No W2 generated sine no payroll was run by previous employer

Hi,

I came to US through employer A in Feb 2008. But he couldnt show me any project till July2008. Hence I got my H1 transferred to employer B and I am currently working for him.

Now when I asked my employer A for W2 report for Feb 08 - July 08, he says Since I am on bench during Feb 2008 - July 2008, no payroll was run on my name. Hence no W2 is generated and asking me to take unpaid leave (LOA) for that period of 5 months . I am not sure whether it is legal or not.
    Can I go ahead and Complain to DoL using form WH4.

Any advice on this will be of great help.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Illegal. Complain to DOL on a WH4 form. They will get your pay. How did you transfer the H1b without a pay stub?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I came to US through employer A in Feb 2008. But he couldnt show me any project till July2008. Hence I got my H1 transferred to employer B and I am currently working for him.

Now when I asked my employer A for W2 report for Feb 08 - July 08, he says Since I am on bench during Feb 2008 - July 2008, no payroll was run on my name. Hence no W2 is generated and asking me to take unpaid leave (LOA) for that period of 5 months . I am not sure whether it is legal or not.

Can I go ahead and Complain to DoL using form WH4.

---- Do that right away. Get your pay adn be good to be in status when your GC application gets underway

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        Illegal. Complain to DOL on a WH4 form. They will get your pay. How did you transfer the H1b without a pay stub?
        He reimbursed some of my grocery expenses reimbursed statements and when I asked for money to meet my daily expenses, he gave me some money through payment vouchers. with all those statements I got my H1 transferred.

Comment

You got lucky that time.

Comment

These shady employers are bloodsuckers.
            They are sheer cheats.

Use your rights and complain to DOL and get your dues back. This is the right time to do so as they are cracking down on all the illegal H1 activities.

We should not allow these shady creatures to flourish.

Comment

USCIS can retroactively revoke approved H1bs if they find out later on that you were not qualified for the benefit. Complain to DOL on a WH4 and be legal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X