H1B Visa Transfer Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Transfer Query

I have question on my H1B Visa transfer.
    I have got approval notice I-797B for my H1B Transfer from my previous X company to new company B.

In that I have few comments below and my attorney saying me that I need new I-94 and for that I have to go to Canada or outside country.

Comments are:-
    The above petition is approved. It has been determined that worker is not eligible for requested extension of status.

Since the worker has been found ineligible for an-extension of stay, we have sent notification to the consulate shown above.

If Visa is issued. upon admission in this classification the worked will be authorized to be employed by the petitioner for the authorized period.

If any of the worker will apply for a visa at a consulate other than listed above petitioner should file form I-824, application for action on an approval application or petition to request us to notify new consulate.

Can anyone tell me how to go about it. Since I already have my h1b visa stamped from my previous employer A and it is valid till 2010. and my new approval till 2012.

So any inputs or guidance if I will get new i-94. Since my attorney told me you have approval only you need to have new I-94 and for that you have to go outside country.

Please advice

Originally posted by pranil_raut123
    I have question on my H1B Visa transfer.
    I have got approval notice I-797B for my H1B Transfer from my previous X company to new company B.

In that I have few comments below and my attorney saying me that I need new I-94 and for that I have to go to Canada or outside country.

Comments are:-
    The above petition is approved. It has been determined that worker is not eligible for requested extension of status.

Since the worker has been found ineligible for an-extension of stay, we have sent notification to the consulate shown above.

If Visa is issued. upon admission in this classification the worked will be authorized to be employed by the petitioner for the authorized period.

If any of the worker will apply for a visa at a consulate other than listed above petitioner should file form I-824, application for action on an approval application or petition to request us to notify new consulate.

Can anyone tell me how to go about it. Since I already have my h1b visa stamped from my previous employer A and it is valid till 2010. and my new approval till 2012.

So any inputs or guidance if I will get new i-94. Since my attorney told me you have approval only you need to have new I-94 and for that you have to go outside country.

Please advice
    ---- your attorney knows some non-immigrant H1B visa rules?
    ok forget it... try nearest U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office, ... you will sure get it.

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
      ---- your attorney knows some non-immigrant H1B visa rules?
      ok forget it... try nearest U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office, ... you will sure get it.
      Attorney is damn right. CBP cannot help in this situation.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X