Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Stamping

All,

I have been working for a Desi company (State A)for the past 1.5 years (F1 - OPT - H1B) at a client ,State B

I have all the Pay stubs (Pay stubs are being run from state A meaning ..I am paying taxes for State A and my adress on Pay stub is State B ..Can this be dome like this???),
    W2 and LCA for State B ..

1.I am planning to have my H1 B visa stamping done in India .I informed my employer about this and they are reluctant of me
    saying to the VO that i work at client Location ..instead they suggested me to say that i work in house on their projects and they could
    submit all the doc's that VO might ask like (Proj description, my role in the assigned project etc..)

when i asked them .. why so?? they were saying that we have enough funds to run the in house projects and i would be assigned to one..which
    i find very hard to beleive and i am not convinced by the above answer . can any one tell me what could be the reason behind this??

2. I am resident of Hyderabad,Andhra Pradesh..Can i go to stamping to any one of the consulates..I tried to make an
    appointment in Hyd, but it is directing me to Chennai or Delhi.. Are they interviewing for H1 B Visas??

Thanks in advance..

H1 B Stamping -- Any Thoughts

All,

I have been working for a Desi company (State A)for the past 1.5 years (F1 - OPT - H1B) at a client ,State B

I have all the Pay stubs (Pay stubs are being run from state A meaning ..I am paying taxes for State A and my adress on Pay stub is State B ..Can this be dome like this???),
    W2 and LCA for State B ..

1.I am planning to have my H1 B visa stamping done in India .I informed my employer about this and they are reluctant of me
    saying to the VO that i work at client Location ..instead they suggested me to say that i work in house on their projects and they could
    submit all the doc's that VO might ask like (Proj description, my role in the assigned project etc..)

when i asked them .. why so?? they were saying that we have enough funds to run the in house projects and i would be assigned to one..which
    i find very hard to beleive and i am not convinced by the above answer . can any one tell me what could be the reason behind this??

2. I am resident of Hyderabad,Andhra Pradesh..Can i go to stamping to any one of the consulates..I tried to make an
    appointment in Hyd, but it is directing me to Chennai or Delhi.. Are they interviewing for H1 B Visas??

Thanks in advance..

Comment

Senior Members Please Respond to My question Below

Please Senior Members .. Can you respond to my quesion below.. I am in dilemma?

Comment

You have to pay taxes to your state and LCA has to be amended. Your employer seems to be fraudulent.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 B stamping

Thanks txh1b,

I Apolozise for the wrong info,Actually my LCA is from State A (where my employer is located and paying taxes to state A and not to state B where i work for the client ..Is this a Problem??).

1. I still cant figure why i am being told to tell the VO that i work for a inhouse project .. even though i am working at client location. Any suggestions on this please .

2. If i was given 221g when i attend the visa interview .. can i still work remotely from India(provided my manager @ client location accepts it ) ??

Thanks in advance

Comment

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 B stamping

Thanks again for directing me to that thread ..

Here is story ..my employer is NJ based and i am paying taxes to NJ and i work in TX (doesnt have state Tax..)..can i claim the money when i am filing the Taxes??

Can you please answer question 1 and 2 below??

Thanks in advance

Comment

If you have established a permanent residence in TX, you can claim NJ state tax back. That is how it works. Ideally, your employer should pay taxes to your state of employment but you know these scum bags better.

1. Because your employer is shady.

2. What you do outside the US is based on the laws of that country. Once out of US, US law does not apply nor your status.

Comment

H1 B stamping

Thanks txh1b ..

I have been in TX since Feb 2008 ...How would one establish permanent Residence in any state , in my case its TX

Comment

If you own/rent a house, work in the state on a job, own a vehicle titled to state of TX, have a texas DL, address etc, you can be considered to have texas residency in layman terms.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X