Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to have new I-94 when I am leaving US for vacation

Hi,

I have applied for H1 transfer and could see that my new H1 has got approved in the USCIS site. I did not get the papers yet.

But I am bound to travel to India tomorrow, Does it matter while leaving US, that I should get new I-94 paper which comes along with I-797 at the bottom? Should I submit only my previous I-94 which was stamped and stapled to US? (or) Do I need to submit new I-94 which I have got along with new I-797?

Will there be problem while departure with out the new I-94 which I got along with the new I-797 papers?

what is the estimated time period that USCIS will take to post the documents once H1 case is approved?

I know while entering into US, I need new I-797 papers and my friends will fedex to me to India, once I get it?

Thanks,
    Rachana.

You will be fine to exit with your current I-94. I don't see anything yo need to be worried about as long as you get the new approval papers for your return.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b.

But my attorney is saying that it will be a problem as it is previous employer I-94 and I dont have my new I-94 yet. She is saying that there will be a conflict in the information, that will be stored in the system and it will create a problem when entering into US at the port of entry.

Please assist me how to explain to my attorney

Comment

There is no reason to worry at all if the current white I-94 has not expired. They will contain the same number. Once you receive the approval, save the boarding pass, proof of travel and send it to the London KY address.

Returning an Uncollected Form I-94 Back to U.S. Customs and Border Protection

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X