Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 stamping dilemma

Hi,

I currently work for an organization on non-profit H1 and this non-profit visa is not stamped yet. I have another job from a for-profit company and they are applying for H1 in April. I will have to travel to India in August for my brother's marriage. If the for-profit H1 comes through by then, can I go for stamping on that one, come back and still continue my current non-profit job till October 1st. I am sort of confuse. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You have to get the visa from the company that you are employed with and not the future company. The visa remains valid for travel irrespective of who you work for.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

so even if I have an approved H1 from the for-profit company in August, I have to get my visa stamped on the current non-profit employer. Am I correct?
      Thanks a bunch for the quick response.

Comment

Correct. If you get the visa for the new company, the visa will have petition SD, PED annotated on it and you will only be allowed to enter 10 days prior to Oct 1st.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X