Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Employer - Banks

Hi !

I have just moved to New Jersey and I am trying to find an employer who can fill my papers for H1B visa. Can anyone tell me some tips? Where should I find them?

I am from Banking Sector. I am looking for employers in NJ/NY.

I appreciate any help you would provide in this matter.

Thanks & Regards,

Neeraja

What is your skill? Banking sector is not a skill.

NY/NJ is infested with H1b consulting companies. Most of them are shady though.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B Employer - Banks

Hi !

Thanks for the response.

My skill is Retail Banking. I have total 16 yrs work experience (15 yrs in Retail Banking and 1 year in IT as Business Analyst (functional consultant- Banking Solutions).

Thanks again !

Neeraja

Comment

Search for an employer who can employ you not 'file H1 for you'. Lots of people are in trouble these days because of this culture. NY/NJ area is specially famous for this.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

H1 Employer - Banks

Thanks,

Yes, you are right. I am trying to find a genuine employer who is ready to employ me and sponsor my H1B visa. However, I am unable to find one. Do you have any references in this regard? My enquiry with various Banks is not encouraging as they are not interested in sponsoring work visa.They are interested in employing people who are eligible to work in US.

Thanks,
          Neeraja

Comment

The situation is really bad here. There are shay employers / consultants that cheat people, give false promises. So beware of it.

These days banking jobs are not much available to the foreigners due to some policies and bad market condition. I would recommend you to stick to the current job that you now have insted of coming here and inviting problems for yourself.

As other people mentioned, NY / NJ and part of CA have the worst reputation. Do a thorough back ground check before coming here.

One more thing. DO NOT pay for your H1.

Comment

H1B Employer-Banks

Hey,

I am already in NJ on H4 visa. I have no other option but to find an Employer who can employ me and file my H1B visa.

I am quite aware of NJ/NY/CA Consultants. And I have decided not to pay for my H1B.

I appreciate if you could provide any references(Employer/Consultants-NJ/NY)in this regard.

Thanks,

Neeraja
              Last edited by NeerajaN; 03-16-2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

It is very unlikely to get a H1b for a retail banking job. I am assuming you mean something like a teller, admin in banks as these do not need a Bachelors degree.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H4 Employer-Banks

No, I am referring about middle/senior management positions in Retail Banking like Branch Manager/Asst Branch Manager/Operations Manager, Mortgage Head etc.

thanks,
                  Neeraja

Comment

Very unlikely for those positions as well as they usually take from the rank and file of experienced people that worked for the institution for many years. Do you have a MBA? Investment banking experience? Many such positions reuire extensive background checks and it is very unlikely for a H1b to be hired as there are plenty of USCs that can fill such positions.

Comment

Where did you move to NJ from? where was your prior extensive experience of 16 yrs?!

Comment

Banks receiving TARP money cannot easily file for H1B now, so it is very unlikely that you can find one.
                        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

H1B Employer - Banks

Dear immihelp members,

I moved to NJ to join my husband.

I was working for Indian Banks for 15 yrs and then worked as Business Analyst(Banking Domain) for one year for an IT firm in India.

Yes, I have read about TARP.

I am bit worried about the present situation. Do you have any suggestions?

Presently I am on H4 visa and can apply for AOS when the visa dates are current. The priority date is Aug 2003.

Thanks & Regards,

Neeraja

Comment

You have no option for H1b as I see it. You have better prospects once you get the EAD from AOS.

Comment

H1B Employer- Banks

Thanks for all the information.

I am very much grateful to immihelp members for providing pragmatic solutions to the issues involved.

thanks again!

Neeraja
                              Last edited by NeerajaN; 03-20-2009, 10:09 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X